Anastasia Beverly Hills recently released their latest 12-eyeshadow palette, Shadow…
Let me just say, I was one of those who was SO EXCITED to see the creation of this palette. I own both the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette and the Ambient Lighting Blush Palette. Both were really great values and I reach for them constantly. The excitement of the release this morning clouded my judgement when I posted, but now that the adrenaline has faded, I can now clearly see what I should have noticed all along…this is the biggest waste of money for holiday 2015.
First, the color selection. If you already own the other palettes, then you’ll notice some repeats. One of the Ambient Lighting Powders (Dim Light) was in the Ambient Lighting Palette and BOTH Ambient Lighting Blushes (Mood Exposure and Luminous Flush) were in the Ambient Lighting Blush Palette. It’s really not worthwhile to spend $80 when there are three repeated shades.
If you don’t own the other palettes, let me break down the “value” of this palette.
This palette includes:
- Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Iridescent Strobe Light (0.049 oz)
- Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light (0.049 oz)
- Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light (0.049 oz)
- Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush (0.049 oz)
- Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure (0.049 oz)
- Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light (0.049 oz)
For the sake of easier calculations lets round each up to 0.05 oz
The cost of the full size items are as follows:
- Ambient Lighting Blushes are $35 each for 0.15 oz (~$11.67 per 0.05 oz)
- Ambient Lighting Powders are $45 each for 0.35 oz (~$6.43 per 0.05 oz)
- Ambient Bronzers are $50 each for 0.39 oz (~$6.25 per 0.05 oz) (rounded 0.39 oz to 0.40 oz to make it easier)
Which means the value of the palette is:
Ambient Lighting Blushes (2 x $11.67) + Ambient Lighting Powders (3 x $6.43) + Ambient Bronzer ($6.25) = $48.88
Even rounded up to $50 value, it’s still a far cry from the $80 cost.
I truly thought this palette was a great value, thinking the pan sizes would be comparable to the previous palettes (~0.11 oz each), but they decided to chop that in half and increase the price. Shame on you Hourglass!
You’re much better off buying the single items, or perhaps getting the Ambient Lighting Palette and a few single blushes.
What are your thoughts on this? Let me know!